Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Favorite Music Sites (Or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Blog")

Sure, Pitchfork is a fantastic music site, but it can’t be all things to all people … and shouldn’t be. Here are some of my other favorite music sites and blogs, both local and national.

You Set The Scene – Duke does a great job covering LA’s live music scene, with a detailed look at each week’s show options.

Rock Insider – Sometimes it seems like Jax attends every single concert in LA. She writes about what’s coming up and what’s she’s just seen, complete with mp3 samples.

Gorilla vs. Bear - Simply put, one of independent music’s premiere MP3 sites.

Little Radio – News, reviews, and interviews from scads of blog sites, along with a little radio to boot.

Inflight at Night – More quality concert coverage for kids in LA.

3hive - This MP3 site got me into Jeniferever back in 05 and I’ve been singing its praises ever since.

Rewritable Content - Another great music site focusing on shows here in LA.

Radio Free Chicago - What music site list would be complete without a shout-out to our excellent sister site out in the Windy City?

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan M said...

Thanks, I was just longing for some new blogs to check out.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Susan M said...

Thanks, I was just longing for some new blogs to check out.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home