Thursday, August 03, 2006

Band of the Week: Dirty on Purpose

I don't really know extraordinarily much about Brooklyn's Dirty on Purpose, but I know what I like... (Cough.) Their debut album Hallelujah Sirens has been in heavy rotation around both the mobile and home offices of RFSL for a few weeks now, with no signs of abating. It's dreamy, distorted rock with more than its fair share of smart pop hooks; the sort of music you want to follow you around throughout both day and night.

And they're the talk of the town apparently, too: Jax over at Rock Insider says "they reminds me of the way I felt when I first caught on to Silversun Pickups," Done Waiting calls them "one of our favorite bands," and Gorilla vs Bear describe them as having "a sort of elegant, distorted dissonance that lacked that Brooklyn affect, and played-out dance sensibility," while Duke over at You Set The Scene sums it up most succinctly with, "I like it."

Here's a video for their song Light Pollution, one of several great tracks off Hallelujah Sirens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home