Thursday, November 02, 2006

Band of the Week: The Ettes

If you haven’t been listening to The Ettes, you’ve been living under the same rock that I’ve been under until recently. I mean, it’s kind of ridiculous that I hadn’t heard their music before. They had a free Monday night residency at The Silver Lake Lounge last March and one at The Echo in August, two great venues that are both in walking distance from my place, and I’ve heard multiple people go off about how good they are.

I’m embarrassed to admit that it finally took a glowing review of one of the shows in their recent national tour from our sister site Radio Free Chicago for me to track down their album, Shake The Dust (produced by Liam -- The White Stripes, The Datsuns -- Watson).

And I love it. Like RFC put it, “Built on a strong foundation of 60's garage rock, London beat, and classic American Punk, The Ettes aren't messing around when it comes to playing and creating music.” They’re a complete surprise and they’ve been practically in my back yard the whole time.

Here’s a video and an MP3 of the songs Dead and Gone and No More Surprises, but to hear my favorite track on the album, the hugely rocking It Ain’t You, you ought to visit the band’s myspace page.



Download: No More Surprises

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home