Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Video Free Silver Lake: Explosions in the Sky

I don't know if I've ever mentioned how I'm such a goddamn softy that I could be walking down the street in the worst mood in the world, have a Golden Retriever walk up to me, all of a sudden be like, "Hey! A dog!", and have my mood completely change for the better.

I know this because it's happened...

Well, Austin's Explosions in the Sky have much the same effect on me. Less dirge-like than their fellow rock instrumental brothers Mogwai, these guys create music that builds and builds and then comes crashing down in huge audio waves. And somehow? Listening to it always puts me in a better place.

Here's live video footage of them playing one of my favorite songs: Your Hand in Mine off of The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home