Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Statement of Porpoise

Does it seem kind of defensive to start off this column by saying that I'm not a music snob?

Yeah, well, whatever. I figure it's worth getting out there, because the reason I'm doing this is since I really like sharing good music with people, not cause I want to come off like some sort of monocle-twirling, indie rock authority or anything.

I'm lucky enough to live in the heart of Los Angeles, a town with a friggingly I-CAN'T-BELIEVE-IT-SOMETIMES incredible local music scene. There are great bands playing every night of the week -- signed and unsigned -- and I catch a lot of shows here.

So, this blog -- like its excellent Midwest counterpart Radio Free Chicago (which Brad will be reprinting Tuesday releases from) -- will exist to mention good new albums, upcoming concerts, and so on.

And if you hear anything good, please be sure and holler back with your own recommendations.

Anyway, enough about me...

Tomorrow, I'll start writing about who's coming to town this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home