Thursday, July 26, 2007

Now Blog This! 2.0 Announced

I need to put in some serious catch-up on the concert calendar because I'm so far behind. But in the meantime, I wanted to mention the recent announcement of the second Now Blog This! event at The Scene in Glendale...

If you remember the last one, the folks at The Scene had asked Little Radio, You Set The Scene, Rock Insider, and RFSL each to pick one band to play -- The Pity Party, The Clean Prophets, The Valley Arena, and The Western States Motel, respectively -- and the venerable Kevin Bronson and Sea Level Sylvia DJed.

The new event will take place on Thursday, August 23rd at The Scene and feature The Deadly Syndrome (presented by Passion of the Weiss), Le Switch (presented by Aquarium Drunkard), Aushua (presented by The LA Times Buzz Bands blog), and Phoenix and The Turtle (presented by LA Underground). And DJ duties will be handled by Jax from Rock Insider and myself.

I'm not familiar with all of the bands playing the show quite yet, but The Deadly Syndrome and Le Switch are among my favorite live acts in town, so I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic night. Mark your calendars.

1 Comments:

Blogger JAX said...

Dude seriously we're going to be the tag team duo!!! I say we have an ipod war!!!!!

you play one song and I have to play another song that relates to either the artist or the title of the song.

Example: you play "You're A Wolf" By Sea Wolf

I play Wolfmother "Love Train"


you play "All The Sweet Stuff" by Gravy Train

It actually gets really really fun.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home