Thursday, February 07, 2008

Quickie Day Job Spotlight: BOOM BLOX

It's kind of funny that sometimes I run into people who assume that RFSL is what I do for a living, when it's something I put together quickly before work or on lunch break from making video games at the day job...

Here's a trailer for the one I'm on right now, an action/puzzle game for the Nintendo Wii called BOOM BLOX, which just got officially announced yesterday and is due out in May.



What does that have to do with music? Well, besides the fact that deadlines have kept me from going to a lot of shows lately, the soundtrack is being created by... Ahh, sorry, they haven't announced it yet, so can't say. More soon.

If you've ever wondered, the YouTube clip right below shows exactly what being a video game designer is really like.



And now for something completely different... We have tickets for the Afternoons, Blood On The Wall, and Anders and Woods show at Spaceland tonight. Send us a message right here with "AFTERNOONS" in the title and your full name to be entered in the drawing to win a pair of tickets. (Must be 21+.)

3 Comments:

Blogger JAX said...

Hahaha. Im shocked how many people think Rock Insider is my only job as well. Video Game Designer = WAYY the fuck cooler than record label cronie.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

At my day job I find new ways to chip-away and erode my soul. The soul is like a Borg, it seems to grow resistant to each new technique. But there is always another way...

3:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

game looks GREAT Joe. Seems really addictive. Great job. H-

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home