Thursday, November 15, 2007

Video Free Silver Lake: Jealous Girlfriends, Minipop, & Ferraby Lionheart

Here are some videos from some talented out-of-towners who’ve come through recently, along with a new clip from a local singer/songwriter who I think is woefully under-appreciated.

First up are two from Brooklyn’s The Jealous Girlfriends, who played three shows here in the last week and I managed to miss all of them. (The last by a scant few minutes…)





Second is SF’s Mini-Pop. If Sassy Magazine was still around, they’d be exclaiming “Cute band alert!” right now. (Is it okay to appropriate that whole-sale from them?)





Last is Ferraby Lionheart’s Small Planet off his Catch The Brass Ring album… I still haven’t had a chance to listen to much of it, but think his EP and live act are fucking brilliant.

2 Comments:

Blogger Malcolm Sosa said...

that first jealous girlfriends video kinda tripped me out, dude.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Darby Saxbe said...

hey Joe...I met you outside the JGs show on Monday. I'm pretty psyched that you've recently posted videos from not one but three records produced by my husband Dan Long - the JGs, Ferraby, and Film School. Surely accidental, but way to represent! Looking forward to seeing you at the next gig.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home