Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Let's Independent!: The Aftermath

Many thanks to everyone who came, played, and helped promote our Let's Independent! event last night at Boardner's of Hollywood with The Parson Redheads, Buddy, and The Hidden Hooks.

I can't really write an impartial review of the show, but I can say it was fucking fun... One of the best nights we've had there.

We had a really nice crowd of folks in the attendance; the bands did fantastic performances and seemed like they all had a great time. Chris Johnston from The Hidden Hooks started the evening off with just him and his guitar and his voice, and a hush fell over everyone there. One of The Parson Redheads mentioned that they hadn't seen him play before and when I explained that it was his first show, he replied, "Really?!?" It was a solid debut. Haunting and heartfelt at the same time.

Co-headliners Buddy and The Parson Redheads also had people talking... After each played, I overheard people saying to each other, "Holy fucking shit!!" And what's also nice is that it seemed like their respective fans hadn't heard of the other act before, so there was some cross-pollination going on there.

I could go on and on, but long story relatively short, couldn't have been happier with it. We'll have details on next month's show soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really feel kind of empty that I missed it.. like.. nothing feels real? You know? Coffee doesn't taste good.. taking a good long snuff of my snuffbox ain't fixing it either.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home