Friday, March 03, 2006

Don't Miss The Silversun Pickups This Saturday

I swear that we’re in the middle of such an incredible time for music in Los Angeles right now. There are so many good bands playing out here that sometimes I think my head will explode. (Or else I'll go broke from going out so much.)

I mean, there are certain moments when live music feels so exultant and celebratory that there’s no place you’d rather be at that exact second, and you just wish you could share it with all of your friends.

And last night's Sea Wolf show at The Echo was one of those moments. Luckily, I’d talked about a dozen friends into going to it. (And right when I was starting to worry that I was geeking out too severely about the event, my friend Patti came up and thanked me for pushing the band on her. Then, someone else did. Then, another...)

This Saturday night promises to be another one of those instances, since The Silversun Pickups will appear at The Knitting Factory. (Note: Not at The Troubadour. Sorry for the typo, earlier).

If you’ve heard them before, you probably know how important it is for you to be there. If not, go listen to them on their myspace page right now.

For my money, they're the single best band currently playing in LA and are modern masters of the whole “quiet-loud-quiet” sound. They have two EPs out so far and are just wrapping up a full album, so they’ll likely be playing a lot of new material.

I don’t think I’ve been so excited about a band since the first time I heard Sonic Youth or The Pixies. Take my word for it. They’re that good.

Go.

The Knitting Factory is located at 7021 Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood. Doors are at 9:30, tickets are $11, it’s all ages, Amusement Parks on Fire and DJ Solid Todd are also playing, and there’s an after-party at Beauty Bar afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home